When I was pregnant, my husband bought me a body pillow. We both thought it would be fabulous, but it was huge in the bed, bulky, and uncomfortable. So for 2 years it has sat unused in our basement.
When we moved and were unpacking I thought about putting this pillow on our futon in the library.
It is not a fabulous shade of blue for decorating and has an unsightly white zipper on one end, so I decided it needed a makeover.
I stripped off the blue poly/cotton blend cover and salvaged the zipper.
I had this spiffy cotton fabric that I’d picked up at IKEA a couple of weeks ago. It was a remnant and I hadn’t bought it with anything in mind, I just liked the fabric. I thought it would be great as a new cover for the body pillow.
The pillow form was made from blue striped mattress ticking. Joy. This meant that I needed to put a lining behind my new fabric, since the blue stripes showed through. I always have white muslin on hand so that is what I used.
Basically I just made a huge version of my Nook Sleeve Tutorial to fit the pillow form. I reused the zipper, which with the white fabric is not nearly as obvious as it was with the blue.
I’m really happy with the result! It cost me about $7 in fabric and materials for this Pillow Re-do.
I think it makes a nice addition to our upstairs hang-out spot, the Library.