Doing something just because

Sometimes it is nice to do something just because.  I got a call from my husband about a guy he is in school with who’s wife had 30 week preemie twin boys.  He asked if I’d make them a couple of preemie hats.  The boys were born very small and I know how hard it can be to find tiny little clothes.

I told the husband that I’d look into making a pair of hats for them.  I had a nice blue cashmere sweater that just screamed “make me into hats for these special little boys.”  Without taking any pictures, I sent them out a week ago and I sent a little note with the hats basically saying that I knew she didn’t know who I was, but that our husbands were at school together and we wanted to do something for her boys.  I got a call from the husband today… They arrived.  She was so overjoyed by this unexpected package that it brought tears to her eyes.  And now thinking about it… I’m getting weepy eyed.

The twins are doing great and are off oxygen, but still have a long way to go.  I’m just glad I could do something for someone I don’t know that made them so happy.

I hadn’t planned on writing a post about this, but I’m just so touched by the families appreciation for something so small.

This entry was posted in cashmere, hats, Reclaimed. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Doing something just because

1. Dewi Citra says:

That's so sweet…If I became the mother of the twin, I would be overjoy too..you're so kindBtw, I'm your latest follower from Tuesday Tag Alongyou can come along and visit my bloghttp://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com/I'm giving away two pretty bags, if you don't mind, you can enter the giveaway

2. Shanee says:

I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/Have a great day!

3. Hi! Just stopping by and following your blog from Tag- A -Long Tuesday.http://www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

4. Heather says:

Ah!! That i soo cool!! :) I bet she loved them!!I'm following from tag along tuesdaysHeather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

5. Barbara B says:

Hello,I'm following you from Tag Along Tuesday, would love a follow back.ThanksBarbarahttp://couponscouponsandmorecoupons.blogspot.com/

6. Tara V says:

Hey following back from TTA! Thanks for stopping by my blog.I can't wait to see more on your blog!

7. That was very nice of you. My daughter was a preemie, 32 weeks (you would never know by looking at her now.) The NICU at most hospitals is usually desperate for preemie clothing because parents aren't prepared for a preemie usually. I donated some of my daughter's preemie clothes back to our NICU. There were some ladies that would make hats and things and donate. Very nice gesture.I'm your newest follower from the Tag a Long hop. Would love a follow back – Kentucky Frugalista. Dee

8. Colleen says:

Thanks everyone and welcome to my blog. :)