I’m sorry for being so absent lately. My classes have ben eating up my time lately. I had two weeks of midterms for one class and finals and term papers in two others. I’m down to one class now, so I have a little more time on my hands, but the holidays are now bearing down on me. So much to do!
Even with all the chaos, I managed to finish this bookcase that I started in September.
I bought this bookcase at a thrift shop for $10. It was coming apart at the corners and had been badly stained, but the wood was solid and would be great with a little TLC.
I took the back off and set to work sanding and cleaning it up.
Here you can see the bad stain job on the backing.
With a little Gorilla Glue and some clamps I got the corners back to stable and it no longer wiggles from side to side.
A little more sanding after the glue set and it was ready for paint.
I used plain semi-gloss white Valspar paint, two coats. I covered the back in a layer of batting and red and white fabric from my stash. It matches my fabric bucket that I made last spring. :)
I still love red and white. This shelf is going in my studio for some badly needed storage space!
Wonderful blog! Hoppin over from Tuesday's Blog Hop! Now a new follower would love for you to stop by if you get a chance http://giveawayblogdom.blogspot.com/